Cupcakes Are So Last Year

24 Feb

Peter Pan Bakery in Greenpoint has my vote for best donuts.

Tina Fey said it best last spring when she made her lust known for a certain doughy pastry. Now it seems everyone is jumping on board.

Donuts are the new ‘it’ dessert, at least for now. Many are even trying to expand the artistry of the pastry while still making it affordable, making it worth skipping that trip to Dunkin Donuts.

Dough in Bed-Stuy has flavors like hibiscus, chocolate chipotle and dulce de leche.

My vote goes to Peter Pan Bakery in Greenpoint (also the object of Tina’s affection). With their classic flavors they’ll have you craving donuts, but the kicker is their donut ice cream sandwich. At only $3.50 it’s the perfect summer treat.

Try the old fashioned with chocolate ice cream or chocolate with caramel ice cream. My vote? Red velvet with cookies n’ cream.

You won’t be disappointed.

Take a look at this slideshow and try to resist running over to Greenpoint!

4 Responses to “Cupcakes Are So Last Year”

1. Potensmedel Kamagra March 19, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

I searched Google for donuts and I found your blog 🙂 I like your blog, well done!

2. Canon Powershot G April 21, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

There is truly a lot of fantastic information on this blog. I’m actually really surprised that a .edu would allow comments. I’ve put a DoFollow link on my blog to your site, I’m here alot so might as well let other people enjoy it. You can see your link here http://canonpowershotelph.com/sites-we-like/ Your the first one of the list so far!

3. rolfs patisserie April 25, 2011 at 8:54 am #

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

4. Reggie Kirkhart April 26, 2011 at 6:56 pm #

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!